Master of Design, Department of Design, York University
- Design Issues & Critical Making; Design Research Methods
- Marija Bacic. Title: Using experience design to enhance brand value. Summer 2016 – April 2017. Master thesis project, Master of Design Program. May 2019–April 2020.
- Mariana Fernandez Magnou. Tentative title: A study of graphic design for social impact. Master thesis project, Master of Design Program. Summer 2016 – April 2017.
- Trevor Campbell. Title: Visible Cities: Exploring local citizenship through public exhibition. Master thesis project, Master of Design ProgMay 2020. May 2020. ram. Summer 2015– April 2016.
- Emmie Tsumura. Title: Pedal off the Metal: Global design & the politics of consumption. Master thesis project, Master of Design Program. Fall 2014–May 2015.
- Karen Kwan. Title: The Web 2.0 proposition in online design education: How social networking technologies are enabling virtual design learning. Master thesis project, Master of Design Program. Summer 2008–Summer 2009.
- Tae Eun Han. Title: Cultural Sensitivity in Film Title Sequence Design: A case study of film Chunhyang, a Korean costume film. Master thesis project, Master of Design. Summer 2007–May 2008.
- Yaqing Han. Title: Design a meme: Visual representation, creative strategies and culture. Master thesis project, Master of Design Program. May 2019–April 2020.
- Maria Clara Casasfranco. Title: Family faces: Family engagement in the development of tablet applications for facial expression and emotion recognition for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Master Creative Project, MA in Communication & Culture, Joint Graduate Program in Communication & Culture. January 2016–August 2016.
- Krishna Balakrishnan. Title: Strange Encounter: An investigation of graphic design-produced artifacts that discuss hybrid embodiment of Indo-Canadian identity. Master thesis project, Master of Design Program. Fall 2014–May 2015.
- Sanjit Kaur Singh. Title: Woven Language: Visual language of femininity represented by an “Indian” culture. Master thesis project, Master of Design Program. Summer 2008–Summer 2009.
- Madeline Ashby. Title: Ownership, Authority, and the Body: Does anti-fanfic sentiment reflect post-human anxiety? Master thesis, Graduate Program in Interdisciplinary Studies. Fall 2007–Summer 2009.
- Ryan Clement. Title: Comic Worlds: American comics, Japanese manga, and the question of globalization. Master thesis, MA in Communication and Culture. Summer 2007–May 2008.
- Donna Braggins. Title: Maclean’s: The Accidental Nationalist – how hustling for ads built a national icon. Master thesis, Graduate Program in Interdisciplinary Studies, York University. Winter 2006–April 2008.
- Richard Hunt. Title: Mapping the 2006 Canadian election: a user-controlled multilayered overlay map of federal electoral districts. Master thesis project, Master of Design Program, York University. Summer 2006–May 2007.
Thesis Examining Committee
- Elaine, Chan-Dow. Title: Fragments, As I Remember. September 2016. MFA in Visual Art, Department of Visual Arts & Art History, York University, September 2016.
- Colin McGuire. Title: Music of the Martial Arts: Rhythm, Movement, and Meaning in a Chinese Canadian Kung Fu Club. Doctor of Philosophy, Department of Museum, York University, December 2014.
- Serene Tan. Title: Landscape, home and nation: China Town identities in urban Southeast Asia. Doctor of Philosophy, Urban Studies Program, Department of Geography, York University. January 2013.
- Hung Ky Nguyen. Title: Aesthetics of ambiguity and mystery in late 20th century Japanese posters. Doctor of Philosophy, Curtin University. September 2012.
- Daniel Marrone. Title: Between Panels: Nostalgia in the Work of Daniel Clowes. MA, Graduate Programs in Communication & Culture, York University. June 2009.
- Kevin Lim. Title: Asian North American Film: Images, Reactions and Criticisms. Master Program. Department of Film, York University, May 2008.